Skip to main content
Terms & Conditions
HELISTAR TERMS & CONDITIONS/GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
- According to Technical Security Directive No. (1) – 1st TSD, which is part of the National Civil Aviation Security Program (EPAPA) and was published in the Government Gazette on 31 December 2013, issue no. 3378, the boarding pass must be in the name of the person who presents it and to this end the airline is responsible for verifying the identification of departing passengers on the basis of either a passport or identification card issued by police. A driving license or other official document bearing a photograph of the passenger is also acceptable for traveling on domestic flights. Passports, ID cards, driving licenses or other official documents presented by third parties on behalf of other passengers shall not be accepted. For passengers under age 12 traveling on domestic flights who do not have a passport, ID card or other official documents, it is possible to show an identity verification document issued by a Citizen Service Centre (KEP) or the police. In exceptional cases and only for reasons of force majeure (e.g. health reasons), a written statement by the accompanying adult to the airline regarding the identity of the minor departing passenger shall suffice for domestic flights. It should be noted that passengers are wholly responsible for acquiring and being in possession of the appropriate valid and lawful travel documents before traveling, along with any other documents required, such as entry visa, residence permit. HELISTAR S.A. or its subsidiaries are not responsible for any direct, indirect, coincidental, specific, property or accessory damage that occurs as a result of passenger inability to procure the appropriate travel documents before traveling.
- Carriage within Greece is subject to the EC Regulation 2027/97, as amended by EC Regulation No 889/2002, as well as to the rules and limitations of the Greek Code of Air Law (Law 1815/88), where applicable.
- To the extent not in conflict with the above, Carrier is not liable for any Damage directly and solely arising out of its compliance with any laws, government regulations, orders or requirements, or from failure of Passenger and the consequences thereof to comply with same. The Passenger shall be solely responsible for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and travel requirements of countries to be flown from, into or over, and with Carrier's Regulations and instructions. Carrier shall not be liable for any aid or information was given by any agent or employee of Carrier to any Passenger in connection with obtaining necessary documents or visas or complying with such laws, regulations, orders, demands and requirements, whether given in writing or otherwise.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the Passenger and Baggage with reasonable dispatch. If due to circumstances beyond its control(weather, public strikes) Carrier cancels or delays the flight, is unable to provide previously confirmed space or charter flight, fails to stop at the Passenger's stopover or destination point, or causes the Passenger to miss a connecting flight on which the Passenger holds a reservation, Carrier shall either: carry the Passenger on another of its passenger services on which space is available; or Re-route the Passenger to the destination indicated on the itinerary or invoice or applicable portion thereof by its own scheduled services or the scheduled services of another Carrier, or by means of surface transportation. If the sum of the fare, excess baggage charge and any applicable service charge for the revised routing is higher than the refund value of the charter price or applicable portion thereof, Carrier shall require no additional fare or charge from the Passenger, and shall refund the difference if the fare and charges of the revised routing are lower; or make a refund in accordance with the provisions of the Fare Rules and applicable law and shall be under no further liability to the Passenger.
- The Passenger shall comply with all government travel requirements. Passenger must arrive at the airport or the landing site 20 minutes before the scheduled departure and shall present their passport or ID when requested. Carrier is not liable for loss or expense due to Passenger's failure to comply with this provision or obligated to effect refund of fare. In case the passenger is unable to comply with the agreed schedule or there is a request for time schedule or itinerary changes, the carrier has to be immediately notified by a written request. The above mentioned schedule and itinerary changes are subject to availability. Consequently, additional charges may apply!
- In case of cancellation more than or up to 48 hours prior to departure a full refund shall be given. In case of cancellations of less than 48 hours in advance but more than or up to 24 hours, prior to the departure time, 30% of the flight will be charged. In case of cancellation less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of the flight 100% of the total amount will be charged. In case of a customer non-show the full amount of the flight will be charged as well. In case Helistar cancels a flight, the full amount will be refunded to the customer and according to EU rules that apply. If a flight is canceled due to weather or an unexpected restriction from the authorities the customer is entitled to a full refund unless he wishes to reschedule. Once a flight has departed and the customer wishes to either cancel the flight or return back no refunds will be made.
- No agent, servant or representative of Carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision on this contract. Agents or brokers are responsible for disseminating to their customers this document referred as “HELISTAR TERMS & CONDITIONS/GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE”. Any liability arising from the inability or negligence of the agent to provide the customer with such information is the solo responsibility of the agent and shall, therefore, bare all relevant expenses in connection with cancellations or delays.
- Carrier may refuse Carriage of any Passenger or Passenger's Baggage for reasons of safety or if, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, Carrier determines that Such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, or orders of any state or country to be flown from, into or over; or The conduct, age, or mental or physical state of the Passenger is such as to Require special assistance of Carrier, or Cause discomfort or make himself or herself objectionable to other Passengers, or Involve any hazard or risk to himself or herself or to other persons or to property; or Such action is necessary because the Passenger has failed to observe the instructions of Carrier; or The Passenger has refused to submit to a security check; or The applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable have not been paid in full, or credit arrangements agreed between Carrier and the Passenger (or the person paying for the Ticket) has not been complied with. Payments can be made either by wire transfer or by credit card, where a credit card authorization form shall be filled and signed. Additional charges apply with the use of credit cards; or The Passenger does not appear to be properly documented; or The Passenger may seek to enter a country through which he or she is in transit, or The Passenger may destroy his or her documentation during flight, or The Passenger will not surrender travel documents to be held by the flight crew, against receipt, when so requested by the Carrier.
- Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of an aircraft:
Guns, Firearms & Weapons. Any object capable, or appearing capable, of discharging a projectile or causing injury. In exceptional cases when approval has been granted, the carrier will ensure that guns, weapons or ammunition are stowed in a place that is inaccessible during the flight and in case of firearms they are unloaded.
Pointed/edged Weapons & Sharp Objects. Pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury Blunt instruments. Any blunt instrument capable of causing injury.
Explosives and flammable Substances. Any explosive or highly combustible substances which pose a risk to the health of passengers and crew or the security /safety of aircraft or property.
Chemical and Toxic Substances. Any chemical or toxic substances which pose a risk to the health of passengers and crew or the security/safety of aircraft or property
- Spare lithium batteries are not permitted in checked baggage. All spare lithium batteries must be in carry-on baggage and protected against short circuit. All equipment with lithium batteries installed should be protected against damage and unintentional activation. As of electrical powered equipment that is carried on board by passengers the maximum rate is 100 Wh and, with the operator's approval, 160 Wh. As of 06/11/2006, security measures were put into effect at all airports in the European Union (European Commission Regulation 1546/06) regarding liquids carried in Unchecked Baggage. According to the European Regulation, such items (e.g. water, alcohol and beverages, gel, cream, glue, lotion, perfume, shampoo, mascara, lip gloss, hair spray, toothpaste, shaving foam, aerosols, contact lens solution, honey, marmalade, soup, olive oil, any other item of similar consistency) have been added to the list of prohibited articles that you may not carry on board, unless conditions are met.
REMEMBER THAT THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. CARRYING DANGEROUS GOODS ABOARD AN AIRCRAFT IS AN OFFENCE AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO PENALTY. IN CASE OF EVENTUAL DOUBT, ASK AIRLINE FOR CLARIFICATIONS.
- Carrier may refuse Carriage as Baggage of such items described in Section 8 above, as are prohibited from Carriage as Baggage, and may refuse further Carriage of any such items on discovery thereof. Carrier may refuse to carry as Baggage any item because of its size, shape, weight or character. Passengers are obliged to provide to the carrier the actual weights for themselves and their luggage and be advised that the carrier may refuse carriage of both if in weight excess of what was initially confirmed by the carrier. Carrier may carry one luggage at 15kg per passenger as free allowance unless otherwise agreed. The carrier has to be informed well in advance, for any weight changes or correction thereof. In case the carrier suggests a bigger aircraft due to weight limitation, additional charges apply. In addition, passengers have to inform carrier in advance for any persons requiring special conditions, assistance or devices when carried. Infants and children should always be accompanied and bring with them their restrain devices. Carrier may refuse to accept baggage as Checked Baggage unless it is properly packed in suitcases or other suitable containers to ensure safe Carriage with ordinary care in handling.
- For reasons of safety and security, Carrier may request the Passenger to permit a search to be made of his or her person and his or her Baggage, and may search or have searched the Passenger's Baggage in his or her absence if the Passenger is not available, for the purpose of determining whether he or she is in possession of or whether his or her Baggage contains any item described in Section 8 above or any arms or munitions which have not been presented to Carrier. If the Passenger is unwilling to comply with such request Carrier may refuse to carry the Passenger or Baggage.
- If the Passenger conducts himself or herself aboard the aircraft so as to endanger the aircraft or any person or property on board, or obstructs the crew in the performance of their duties, or fails to comply with any instruction of the crew, or behaves in a manner to which other Passengers may reasonably object, Carrier may take such measures as it deems necessary to prevent continuation of such conduct, including restraint of the Passenger.
- The Passenger may not operate aboard the aircraft portable radios, electronic games or transmitting devices including radio controlled toys and walkietalkies. The Passenger shall not operate any other electronic devices on board without Carrier's permission, except that portable recorders, hearing aids and heart pacemakers may be used.
- The carrier reserves the right to upgrade the customer to fly with bigger helicopter (owned by the carrier or leased for that purpose) at no extra charge or downgrade the customer (due to technical reasons or unforeseen circumstances) to a smaller helicopter and refund the difference taking into account that the customer is in agreement before the commencement of the flight. In any other case, the customer is entitled to a full refund from the carrier.
- The confirmation of the flight or the filling and signature of the credit card authorization form or wire transfer of funds for purchasing the services quoted, assumes acceptance of these terms and conditions.